Remote Sensing Systems has a job opening for a scientific programmer/analyst in the field of microwave remote sensing. This position has the potential of advancement to a research scientist. Work will involve developing computer code and algorithms for processing data coming from satellite microwave sensors. In addition, the job will involve the validation of various satellite data products including sea-surface temperature and salinity, ocean winds, and atmospheric temperature and moisture. Applications of these products include improved weather forecasts, improved understanding of the global hydrologic cycle, climate change, and storm research. Please visit www.remss.com for more information about Remote Sensing Systems.
The position is full-time and offers a competitive salary and full benefits. Remote Sensing Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
- Advanced degree (Masters, Ph.D, post-doc) in physics, engineering, or earth sciences
- Experience in writing computer code for modeling physical systems
- Extensive scientific programming experience in IDL, MATLAB, and/or FORTRAN
- Proficient in advanced mathematics including a thorough understanding of linear algebra, advanced calculus, and differential equations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Desirable additional experience:
- Experience with satellite microwave radiometers and scatterometers
- Courses in Oceanography and Meteorology
- Experience with numerical weather models and reanalysis models
To apply, please email your resume to Jessica Wentz / email@example.com